SCOT JCB AdBlue
What is AdBlue?
AdBlue is a high-quality urea solution that is used in Selective Catalytic Reduction system (SCR) to reduce emissions of oxides of nitrogen from the exhaust of UK diesel engines.
It is becoming more regularly found throughout diesel machinery and vehicles and this will continue to grow as emissions regulations become more stringent.
• It is a solution of high-purity urea in de-mineralized water that is clear, non-toxic and safe to handle.
• It is non-explosive, non-flammable nor harmful to the environment.
• Scot JCB AdBlue is classified under the minimum risk category of transportable fluids.
• It is not a fuel, nor a fuel additive but needs to be used in a dedicated tank in your heavy-duty vehicle.
• It is replenished in a similar way to refuelling diesel. Should you spill Scot JCB AdBlue on your hands, simply wash it off with water.
Where can I order Scot JCB AdBlue?
Scot JCB AdBlue is now available from all of our 12 Scot JCB depots across Scotland and the North of England in a range of sizes from 20 litres to 1000 litres IBCs. Please contact us for pricing details.
How much Scot JCB AdBlue do I need?
The average consumption of Scot JCB AdBlue is around 5% of diesel consumption but this will vary dependant on machine or vehicle.
How should I store Scot JCB AdBlue?
Scot JCB AdBlue can be stored for 18 months away from direct sunlight extreme temperature. It should be stored in a sealed package and in a well-ventilated storage area.